The volunteers below will help you get involved in our different projects. All contacts listed can be reached by emailing us at gelaprisonproject AT gmail DOT com. As volunteers, we try to respond to requests and questions within a week of contact.
Allison Sivak and Liz Fulton-Lyne: Prison Liaisons
- Liz arranges for guard memo updates and communicates with the program officers on programs in general. She also ensures security clearance for committee meetings at the prison, and for public tours. Allison communicates with public and volunteers, monitors email, and refers requests for training and all other inquiries as appropriate.
Moyra Lang: Adult Literature Book Club
- Moyra coordinates the adult literature Book Clubs that take place in the general population.
Sara Buczynski: YA Book Club
- Sara coordinates the Young Adult literature book club in the general population.
Meg DeForest: EPL Book Borrowing Project
- Meg works with EPL to bring in the materials prisoners request and to update wish lists on the blog.
Liz Dennett: Treasurer
- Liz organizes our accounting, liaises with the Treasurer of GELA, and meets with the GELA Executive and auditor at least once a year to ensure good financial practices and communication.
Valla McLean and Allison Sivak: Storybook Projects
- Valla and Allison coordinate the Storybook project in Minimum, Main and Secure Units including writing documentation and scheduling meetings.