NOTE: Thanks, we now have enough volunteers for this project!
The EPL Book Borrowing Project is in dire need of more volunteers. We met to sort out the volunteer delivery schedule last night, and there are vacant slots that need to be filled.
Here’s a quick summary of the responsibilities of the volunteer:
- EPL book delivery occurs once a month (the third Wednesday of the month).
- The volunteer needs to pick up the book delivery at the Woodcroft Library, located at 13420 114 Avenue, and be at the EIFW from 6-8pm.
- The volunteer is also responsible for returning last month’s delivery to the Woodcroft Library upon leaving the EIFW at 8pm.
- The volunteer is responsible for electronically transcribing the women’s book requests and emailing that list to me within one week of the scheduled visit.
- Two volunteers are scheduled for each visit – typically, one person picks ups the delivery, and the other person returns the previous month’s delivery to the library.
- You will need a car.
The time commitment is quite small, and the reward of visiting with the women on book delivery day is pretty awesome – everybody is *very* excited to get their books.
The schedule has been made through 2012, and the following dates require an additional volunteer:
- May 16th
- July 18th (two volunteers needed)
- August 15th
- September 19th
- October 17th
- December 19th
If you are interested in volunteering for this project, please contact me right away. It is important that volunteers are able to commit to this project, so please only get in touch with me if you can absolutely commit to a certain date(s) – pending unplanned life stress, that is. J Feel free to ask any questions about this project as well – I am the EPL coordinator, so I hope I can answer any and all questions that come my way. I will do my best to make sure that new volunteers are paired with experienced volunteers.
Here’s hoping we can fill these slots – it would be devastating if this service had to be cancelled because we don’t have enough volunteers.