As of November 9, 2011 the committee has switched to Google Groups. To have your name added to the Group, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current committee member contact list (private for members only)
The volunteers below will help you get involved in our different projects. All contacts below can be reached by emailing us at gelaprisonproject AT gmail DOT com. As volunteers, we try to respond to requests and questions within a week of contact.
Allison Sivak: EIFW Prison Liaison
- Masha arranges for guard memo updates (who can come into the EIFW as volunteers) and communicates with the program officers at EIFW on programs in general and on our volunteers’ security clearances. She also ensures security clearance for committee meetings at the prison, and for general-public tours.
Moyra Lang: Adult Literature Book Club
- Moyra coordinates the adult literature Book Clubs that take place in the general population.
- Amanda coordinates the Young Adult literature book club in the general population, and currently serves as the committee meeting secretary.
Liz Fulton Lyne: Secure Unit
- We have an additional book club and storybook project that works with the isolated prisoners in the Secure Unit, coordinated by Liz.
Laura Young: EPL Book Borrowing Project
- Laura works with EPL to bring in the materials prisoners request and to update wish lists on the blog.
Liz Dennett: Treasurer
- Liz organizes our accounting, liaises with the Treasurer of GELA, and meets with the GELA Executive and auditor at least once a year to ensure good financial practices and communication.
- Tanya and Ellen work with a volunteer writer and a small group of women on the writing group project.
- Valla coordinates the schedule of volunteers who conduct audio recordings of inmates reading aloud to their children or grandchildren, as well as coordinating the mailing of the recordings and books to the kids.
- Allison coordinates the Storybook Project at the Edmonton Institution, a federal correctional institution for men. She also coordinates meeting dates / times, and agendas.
- Laura is in contact with the EIFW to set up volunteer training sessions for any interested committee members.
- Valla coordinates content for the blog.